Friday, September 15, 2017

Computers, Collections, and Cleaning...

Hey guys! Hope you've had a good week ^_^

Good news on the computer front, I get to pick mine up from the shop today! [hopefully] The tech guy said it needed a new graphics card and hard drive....so I'm hoping that's got it fixed. Guess I'll find out when I get it home...

I'm a bit skeptical about the whole 'repair,' though...When the tech guy realized that I would need new parts, I think he should have called me to see what I wanted installed...I mean, I play games on my PC, so not just any old graphics card will do! Buuuuut, no. He didn't call and ask at all. And he told my fiancĂ© that he put a '$30 graphics card' in it so it 'would run.'

**Unhappy Deadpan Face**

So, yeah. We'll see how it works out. Moving on!

Remember my last post? I talked about reading Marie Kondo's book on tidying and home organizing?
I'm totally looking forward to starting on our home! I sat on our couch yesterday and looked at all of our stuff...and there was just so much! So, so much of it! Add to that all of our new stuff that we got from our shower and it's just overwhelming! Something absolutely must be done or we will spend the rest of our lives surround by stuff and boxes. However, this is where I hit a bit of a snag...

COLLECT ALL THE THINGS!
As someone who loves the idea of adopting a minimalist household...how can that be reconciled with being a collector?

I'm a bit of a serial collector. At any given point in time, I'm probably working on a collection of something. I've collected My Little Ponies, Beanie Babies, and Disney princess dolls...Funko Pop! figures, Nendoroids, and more DVD sets than I can count! I've got tons of books, family heirlooms, and sentimental odds-and-ends...it's really, well...a lot of stuff!

So. How can I find a way to balance both being a collector and minimalist? Is it possible? If anyone else has encountered this, how did you handle it?

I will keep you guys updated as this whole ordeal develops...hopefully I will have some progress to report on soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ollie Ollie Oxen Free...

Well... When I started this blog, I certainly wasn't intending to wait months between posts....and yet, here we are! Because it'...