Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Flowers, Timelines, and DIY...

Hey, hey!

Hope this post finds you well ^_^ I'm doing okay, just more of the same [work, parenting, wedding planning, repeat...]. Just a few more weeks, though, and wedding planning will be an ordeal of the past!

Since my last post, I've taken care of a few more wedding things! We've made a practice bouquet and boutonniere...and they both turned out surprisingly great! Feeling fairly confident that we could handle the flower arrangements for the big day, we went ahead and ordered the flowers today! [Such a huge relief!! For some crazy reason, flowers have ended up being a source of contention...flowers. Of all things...] So! I'm hoping that since they've been ordered, the flower drama will end! *happy dance*
There's been lots of pencil twirling and staring
at blank sheets of paper *sigh*

Over the last few days, I've been putting a lot of effort into coming up with and streamlining an order of worship and reception. [Man, I had no idea that I would have to come up with and place all the pieces to that puzzle! I guess I thought it would just...happen?]

I feel pretty good about the basic format and timelines I've come up with, and we meet with our pastor this weekend to hash out the details. As tedious as this has been, I can't help but start to get more excited about the wedding day!! Writing down the bits of our ceremony, I can't help but daydream and imagine what all of those things will be like....hearing the organ play, seeing all my friends and family there to support us, and *big smile* getting to marry my best friend and love of my life? Yeah. It's going to be pretty awesome!

We've also taken care of getting the kiddo a suit [he's going to look pretty darn snazzy!], getting some accessories for the groomsmen, and solidifying ideas for reception decor. I even got my fiancé to help out with painting some of our signs! [We're going to use these arrow signs to help guide our guests to the venue...gotta love country roads with spotty GPS service, right?!]

I feel like, as stressful as the whole ordeal is, all of the pieces are definitely starting to fall into place...

Guys...We're going to get married, and soon!! *squee!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ollie Ollie Oxen Free...

Well... When I started this blog, I certainly wasn't intending to wait months between posts....and yet, here we are! Because it'...