Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Costumes, Pumpkins, and Candy...

Hey guys!!

Hope you all had an awesome Halloween....hopefully scored some candy while getting to wear a cool costume...I absolutely love getting to dress up and go trick-or-treating...with the kiddo, of course! [Who am I kidding, I probably enjoy it more than the kiddo does!]

**Hiss**
This year, we went with a Minecraft theme...the kiddo was Steve, my fiancé was an enderman, and I was a creeper ^_^ I ordered the character 'box heads' off of Amazon and we all wore clothes that suited our characters...it was a lot of fun! However, for anyone considering buying the character heads, be warned that they're not very practical...the boxes are so big, it's nearly impossible to get them to stay in position...and it's even more difficult to position them so that you can see! It wasn't as big of a deal for me and the fiancé, but the kiddo ended up holding his Steve head most of the time.

Itsa Bendy!
One thing about Halloween that I like even more than trick-or-treating is carving pumpkins! Ever since those little pumpkin carving kits became popular, it's been one of my favorite autumn things to do...now, I'm decently proficient at using the carving tools and patterns, so I like to try and branch out and carve designs that aren't necessarily 'pumpkin patterns.' This year, my kiddo asked me to cave him a Bendy pumpkin [from Bendy and the Ink Machine], so I gave it a shot! What do you think? I think it turned out pretty darn good!

However, as much as I love celebrating Halloween with my little family, I'm definitely glad to have the holiday behind us...mostly because that means its that much closer to our wedding day!! [I know, I know...I'm sure all of you will be relieved when the wedding's over with and I start posting about other things!]

Well, between now and then, don't be surprised if there are another couple of wedding-related posts...especially as all of the pieces that we've worked so long and hard on start coming together! Plus! I've got to share my crazy stress stories with someone! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ollie Ollie Oxen Free...

Well... When I started this blog, I certainly wasn't intending to wait months between posts....and yet, here we are! Because it'...