Saturday, October 14, 2017

Progress

I can relate, Anne! (Anne of Green Gables ^_^)
Do you guys remember how upset I was over wedding planning details?

Well, I am in the depths of despair no more! (For now at least)

The last few days, we have made a pretty significant progresss! I’ve finished gathering gifts for my bridesmaids, my new veil arrived (and it is gorgeous!), I picked out a hairpiece and earrings....we ordered our favors for our guests, ordered our cake topper, and made some good decisions on reception decorations!

I went out to our wedding and reception venue with my grandmother and the lady that will be playing organ for our ceremony...she said the organ plays great, and it sounded wonderful! 

We picked out songs for the singers that will perform during the ceremony (guys, it’s going to be awesome!) and we’re starting to pull together everything we need for programs...

And earlier today, I took my dress to get it altered. I haven’t seen myself in it since the day we bought the dress, which was almost 9 months ago! Luckily, it doesn’t have to be altered too much...it’s a bit too long, but when you’re short, everything’s too long! I do feel good about my dress though! I was a bit torn about the dress, my mom had mentioned that it might be too plain. But seeing myself in the dress again definitely helped! It is a simple dress, but it rather suits me ^_^ I’m not really a fancy, glam kind of girl...so I think keeping the dress on the simple end of things makes more sense! 
Besides, the new veil that I picked out will really tie things together...it’s longer than my original one and it has beautiful lace appliqué...I think the veil being a bit ‘fancier’ will help to balance out the simplicity of the dress. After the dress alterations are complete, I’ll definitely try it all on together ^_^ (crossing my fingers that it looks like I think it will!)

Continuing on the progress train, we are going to pick up my fiancé’s suit today!! I’m super excited to see how handsome he’ll look in his suit! (I think he’s excited about it, too!)

See what I mean? We’ve made progress! 

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that we’ve figured out a contingency plan in case of rain! The man that owns the venue has a ‘tent guy’ that we can rent a tent from, if we need to. It’ll be an extra expense, of course, but one that can’t really be helped...unless it doesn’t rain! (I hope it doesn’t!) 
In the next few days, we are going to get a suit for the kiddo and order flowers and ribbon...and we’ll order tablecloths and design our programs...and we are going to check into getting our wedding license!!!!

It won’t be too much longer now, I can’t wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ollie Ollie Oxen Free...

Well... When I started this blog, I certainly wasn't intending to wait months between posts....and yet, here we are! Because it'...